Sunday, May 8, 2011

Inauguration Post

"If a task is once begun, never leave until it's done.
If the labor great or small, do it well or not at all."


I don't know who said that (or if it is just one of those little sayings), but I read it somewhere.  I think it is so true.  It's always important to try your best at everything.  Don't be too hard on yourself for falling flat on your face.  In the upcoming year, I will be failing at things (even though I will try my very best).  


Hi.  I am going to give you a very generalized over view of my life thus far.  I am adopted from Guatemala.  I grew up entirely in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.  I went to co-ed elementary school and middle school. And my high school is DSHA (an all girls school). (It's not that awful! There are many plus-es for an all girls school. [like no boys to distract us. and we don't have to worry about combing our hair!])  
I am a swimmer on my high school team and a year round club team (though I haven't been swimming lately!).  I live with my mom, dad, younger sister (Maggie<I will talk directly to her a lot>), and my lovely pet dog.  


So, this blog thing... I have never thought highly of this past-time.  I have always thought it was a waste of time.  HOWEVER! I want to share my life and adventures this year with my family, friends and perfect strangers who just happen across this page. (Hello World!)


...I usually digress from what i am actually saying. So be prepared.  I usually get to the point eventually...


I am a sophomore right now.  But last year, I met a girl from Italy who changed my life. (Hi, Chiara :) She was on both swim teams with me and we bonded.  She was also an AFS exchange student!  Naturally she inspired me to purse my dreams of exchange-ism too! (made up words)  


I presented the idea to my family and they went along with it.  But one thing led to 10 billion other things and badda bing badda boom! Now i will be spending my Junior year in Spain.


I don't know where and with whom quite yet. But I have been accepted into AFS-USA and AFS-Spain. My application is complete.  And I have my first official mandatory meeting coming up!


OK I am finished.  I will post soon with more infomacion.


-adios   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments! They make me smile.
Dejame comentarios! Me hacen sonreír.