Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Romería de Valme

Hola:)
¿Què tal tu día? 
He tenido un día largo. Tengo estudiar mucho.  Pero,  estoy contenta. No te preocupes. :)

Did any of you understand that? I hope so! It counts even if you understood 1 word.  (One word besides 'hola') 

Here is what i said: 
How was your day?
I had a long day. And I have to study a lot.  But I am happy.  Don't worry :)

On Sunday my Maite, Marta, Javi and I went to the nearby town of Bellavista to see the most spectacular spectacle!!!


It is called the Romería de Valme. The Romería de Valme is a small pilgrimage transporting the lovely image of the Virgin Mary from one chapel to another.
Our friend tried to explain what the day meant, but I just didn't understand all of it.  So here is an article I found to explain.  It's in Spanish of course, but you can click the translate button and it works pretty well.  
But there are a few words I need to clarify:
Dos Hermanas = Two Sisters.  But Dos Hermanas is a CITY!  So don't get confused.  They are the two first words!
Please visit this site!  Even if you don't want to read (in either Spanish or English)  Just look at the pictures :)



***** OH! And the picture of the food at the bottom!!!
Well it is Tortilla con Jamón.  Eggs and Spanish Ham.  I learned to make it! Maite is an amazing teacher.  (Thanks!! ) So I made dinner on Sunday.  How awesome am I?

Click on the site to see where our DELICIOUS ham comes from.  Don’t judge something until you try it! 


-adios


Here are my pictures: Enjoy <3
Romería de Valme:


short and long. and i have no idea who these girls are.

what the men wore. and the women can wear it too. look@ the middle.

Waiting to see the spectacular procession.

hand decorated



The main pink one held the Virgin. The rest transported the pilgrims.  I don't have that one. Look at the website I gave you.  

WOW! I was SOO close to this animal! aaaa




In the chapel in Bellavista.  Read more at the website!




How beautiful is she!?


The main wagon!




Traditional Spanish



I made dinner!!!  Spanish Tortilla!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments! They make me smile.
Dejame comentarios! Me hacen sonreír.